advice From My Mentor - Bad Employees

Kraft Foods Careers - advice From My Mentor - Bad Employees

Good morning. Yesterday, I discovered Kraft Foods Careers - advice From My Mentor - Bad Employees. Which could be very helpful in my experience so you.

advice From My Mentor - Bad Employees

Throughout my vocation I have had lots of people give me words of advice on how to heighten my vocation and how to be a best manager. Some of it has gone in one ear and out the other but a lot of the advice has been beneficial and helped my vocation and management development. Here is one of those great words of wisdom that has stuck with me over the years.

What I said. It isn't the actual final outcome that the actual about Kraft Foods Careers. You see this article for information about an individual wish to know is Kraft Foods Careers.

Kraft Foods Careers

"There is no such thing as a bad employee, only bad supervisors!"

In the 1970's I was working for Kraft Foods and beginning my vocation in management as a first line supervisor. The plant employer for that facility, Tony, was one of my mentors that I still find myself quoting all the time. This was one of his beloved Tonyism's, my term for his sayings, that he would tell the supervisors every time they brought up an worker issue.

I remember getting so mad when he said this to me because I had come to him seeing for a solution, not to hear how bad of a supervisor I was. Fortunately he was very understanding and would sit and talk me through the issue. I soon came to perceive this was his whole point in making the statement, to get me to think and work through the issue.

Over the years I began to understand the deep meaning of the statement and began applying it to my management skill set. There are two broad lessons that can be learned from this statement.

The first is that new employees do not come to work on their first day with the preconceived understanding that "I am here to goof-off and cause trouble." They come to work with high hopes and optimism of doing a fair days work for a fair days wage. They are taught, on the job, how to be a bad employee. No, this is not part of their orientation or part of the supervisor's training program, but it is there. They learn it from the attitude of other employees and the normal work ethic of the facility.

How does this apply to management? When management allows a negative environment to nurture in a work place then they are responsible for the outcome, thus it is not due to bad employees but to bad supervision. Address issues and do not let them grow and take root in your organization and you will find you have fewer "bad employees."

The second lesson to be learned, from this Tonyism, is associated with the first and that is to take action. If an worker starts to have execution issues it is up to the supervisor to address the issue with the worker and not let it continue to grow worse. Most execution issues have a root-cause that may or may not be associated with the job. By addressing the issue early and helping the worker see the problems that are occurring; you may be able to search the root-cause and to turn the execution issue around with minimal intervention. One thing I have learned over the years is ignoring issues will not cause them to go away.

Our job as managers is to compose employees and help them accomplish their work associated goals. By working with our employees we can compose a positive and productive work association that will be beneficial to both the worker and the organization. Also, remember it is hard to accomplish your goals without the willing and positive keep of your staff; they can make or break you.

Throughout the years I have found myself using the same statements that my mentors would say to me in various firm situations. Now I have an advantage in that I know they work and have benefits in all areas of firm life.

I hope you get new knowledge about Kraft Foods Careers. Where you may offer easy use in your everyday life. And most importantly, your reaction is passed. Read more.. advice From My Mentor - Bad Employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment